The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
We do not support or oppose any candidate or political party at any level of government.
We do focus on:
- voter registration
- voter education, and
- voter engagement.
In 2018, the League of Women Voters of Oklahoma County:
- reinstated the League of Women Voters of Oklahoma County,
- registered over 80 new voters,
- participated in distribution of the Oklahoma Voter Guide,
- and co-hosted a gala honoring 100 women of Oklahoma.
In 2019 we worked on:
- participating in a campaign to encourage Senator Lankford to recommend a hearing on HR1, the For The People Act,
- worked with the Coalition of the Underheard on determining voter priorities, and
- worked with Oklahomans Decide Healthcare regarding the expansion of Medicare.
In 2020 we are working on:
- SPREADING THE WORD ABOUT VOTER411.ORG.
- With the Vote411.org guide you can see the races on your ballot, compare candidates' positions side-by-side, and print out a "ballot" indicating your preferences as a reminder and take it with you to the polls on Election Day. VOTE411.org is a "one-stop-shop" for election related information. It provides nonpartisan information to the public with both general and state-specific information.
- Supporting the HER FLAG Project. Her Flag is a nationwide art and travel project created by artist Marilyn Artus to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment and the 72 years long nonviolent fight that kicked open voting for women in the United States. Marilyn Artus's plan to visit the 36 states that ratified the 19th Amendment.The culmination will be a new flag sewn as a thank you and a love letter to the states that ratified the 19th Amendment into law. See the video below and visit herflag.com for more information.
Our membership is open to anyone in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, or surrounding areas that isn’t served by a local League.
We are affiliated with the League of Women Voters of Oklahoma and the League of Women Voters U.S.